“Plotting Your Course”
Spring Day Retreat for Adults
Saturday, March 25, 9:00-4:00
Pine Lake in Issaquah
FREE* to those registered
for Katherine’s spring classes
or summer retreat.
(limit 15 )
A day to relax, plot, and scheme!
- Craft Workshop: Has your plot got you sailing in circles? Discover the three words that steer your ship and the five points that will navigate you to your destination.
- Consultations: Six spots are available on a first-come, first-served basis for 15-minute one-on-one manuscript consultations.
- Write and Imagine: Spend the day unplugged in a wifi-free environment. Sit by the fire, enjoy the lake view and create among friends.
- Share and Encourage: Read your work if you like, and receive feedback from other writers.
1. Register for one of the following:
- The Second Annual Full-Bodied Novel Summer Writing Retreat (Hood Canal, summer)
- WIP Smart (Kirkland, spring)
- The Magic of Writing for Children (Bellevue, spring)
- Writing the Hidden Story (Bellevue, spring)
- Writing for Children and Young Adult Audiences (Seattle, spring)
2. Forward your registration receipt to founder(at)epicwrite(dot)org with the heading “Spring Day Retreat.” Indicate whether you would like to try for a consultation.
3. If you are one of the first fifteen applicants you will receive a discount code for free retreat registration. Your retreat spot is not guaranteed until you are officially registered through Epicwrite.
9:45 Craft Session: Three Words to Steer By
10:30 Writing Time
10:45 Writing Time continues, 15-min consultations begin for those signed up.
11:45 Craft Session: Five Navigation Points
1:00 Writing Time. 15-min consultations continue for those signed up.
2:00 Sharing and Feedback