Saturday, April 7, 9:00-4:00, Beverly Lake, Everett
What is my character hiding and how do I avoid showing too much? How can I make my characters’ actions believable and not just be a master puppeteer? How do I bring up the past without my story being one big flashback or a massive info-dump?
In our relaxing lake oasis, we’ll explore authentic Point of View. Plenty of writing time between craft sessions, as well as group critique. *The workshop is free to all who are registered for any of Katherine’s Spring classes, as well as all of Katherine’s coaching clients. To sign up, forward proof of registration to founder(at)epicwrite(dot)org. You will receive a discount code that will bring the cost of the retreat to $0. (limit 15 )
A day to relax, plot, and scheme on lovely Beverly Lake!
- Craft Workshop: Ready to build authentic POV? Discover the three secrets that make it real and the five points that create a clear path through your scene.
- Consultations: Six spots are available on a first-come, first-served basis for 15-minute one-on-one manuscript consultations.
- Write and Imagine: Spend the day unplugged in a wifi-free environment. Sit by the fire, enjoy the lake view and create among friends.
- Share and Encourage: Read your work if you like, and receive feedback from other writers.
1. Be a coaching client and/or register for one of the following:
- The Third Annual Full-Bodied Writing Retreat (Hood Canal, summer)
- WIP Smart (Kirkland, spring)
- The Magic of Writing for Children (Bellevue, spring)
- Writing on Location (Bellevue, spring)
- Writing for Children and Young Adult Audiences (Seattle, spring)
2. Forward your registration receipt to founder(at)epicwrite(dot)org with the heading “Spring Day Retreat.” Indicate whether you would like to try for a consultation.
3. If you are one of the first fifteen applicants you will receive a discount code for free retreat registration. Your retreat spot is not guaranteed until you are officially registered through Epicwrite.
9:45 Craft Session: Insider Secrets to POV
10:30 Writing Time
10:45 Writing Time continues, 15-min consultations begin for those signed up.
11:45 Craft Session: Moment-by-Moment Analysis
1:00 Writing Time. 15-min consultations continue for those signed up.
2:00 Sharing and Feedback